Sharkbeard is the leader of the Pirates in Gunpowder Island and is one of the main antagonists in the series.
He is often seen to have quite a large disliking towards Ruby, mainly due to her being female. This is likely due to the fact females are considered as ' Bad luck ' in Pirate beliefs. However, his hatred towards her was stemmed from the fact of her being the cause to the retirement of one of his best men, Rubens.
Sharkbeard is seen to be extremely greedy, ill-tempered and self-centred, as well as gullible and clueless at times. He will usually stage being nice and approachable just to get what he wants from those around him. But despite this however, Sharkbeard does have his occasions where he isn't so ill-natured.
Name in other languages Edit
- Barbe de Requin ( French )
- Barba Squalo ( Italian )
- Barba de Tiburón ( Spanish )
- Rekinobrody ( Polish )
- Haaibaard ( Netherlands )
- 샤크비어드 ( Korean )
- ひげ海賊鮫 ( Japanese )
- Акулья Борода ( Russian )
- In certain episodes, there is an animation error where Sharkbeard can be seen wearing his old hat, the same hat which Ruby stole.
- Despite Sharkbeard's hatred towards Ruby, there are times he can be kind-spirited towards her. This doesn't last very long however.
- Although Sharkbeard is one of the main villains in the show, he is usually seen as more of a neutral kind of antagonist. Most noticeably in Season 2.
- Sharkbeard is seen to show a huge interest in poetry. As noticed in the episode titled Poetry Party.
- Sharkbeard seems to show interest in mythical creatures, most noticeably Unicorns and Mermaids.
- In the episode titled Chasing the Chameleon, one of Sharkbeard's crew members mentions to the main 4 that it's Sharkbeard's birthday. Twinkle asks this crew member how old Sharkbeard is, in which they just simply reply with '' The age of the Captain? ''.